Friday, September 7, 2007

Friendship means a lot..

Yesterday it rained. In the evening I was the last one to enter the shuttle and was fully wet. Then we moved after 5 mins, and it was raining till I reach home. It rained like the nature is missing someone and tears busted out. Yes, missing somebody is really painful; it can be your sweetheart, the best pal, parents who stay away, kids or even the pets. Pain of missing friends is not their absence, but its when you think of the good times you have shared and you ask yourself that will those moments ever come again.

Friends play an important role in everybody’s life. Starting from the Play home, till the time we get retired from life. And each one leaves a foot print to remember them till the end. School, college days, last bench chatting, silly fights, under bench munching, those good teachers, naughty love stories, outstood classes, canteen, birthday treats, bunking for movies, those never written postponed tests, last minute preparations all remain fresh in our memories.

I’m always rich having a huge number of friends. We have been sharing knowledge, experience and even the hidden feelings. Some of them are still with me hanging around whenever we get time, some keep touch in mails, calls and some are really invisible. And a very few flew away with the wind without even letting me know the reason. Though they are away, the time I spent with them, knowledge gained being with, will never be lost.

What would I expect from them as a gift ? One of their qualities which I like most.. Though I cannot take each and everybody’s name, I can list very few now.

Karthik: Timely suggestion
Anil: Patience
Pramod: Open heart
Suhas: Intelligence
Sandy: Fun loving
Ritu: Professionalism
Rashmi: Helping nature
Nee: Keeping trust
Mamtha: love for the family
Deepa: Being practical
Mary: Liveliness
Vinu: Leadership
Pammi: Determination
Jai: Skill of writing
Santhu: Understanding
Balu: Friendly smile
Sathya: Involvement
Prashanthi: Comfortable companionship
Praveen: Simplicity
Sagar: Self control
Sushanth: Faith
Arun: Caring
Pramod: Honesty (actually I need all his qualities..!)

And the list goes on….

What happens if I get all these ?? I’m the rich one in the whole world…!!!

Friendship needs no promises, no demands, no expectations. It starts with a smile, increases with understanding and ends only with death.

No comments: