Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Teachers appreciation day

Last Wednesday was Teacher's day. I had called my teachers to wish them who are all available in my reach. It is an occasion when a token or appreciation in the form of presents is given to teachers by students to show their love and respect. Once we are out from the school or college, we will stop celebrating the occasion. How many of us are still in touch with our old teachers?

Teachers are responsible for a making a student's life bright. And I have been getting their guidance and support so far. Ever since I joined my preschool, I had a favorite teacher through out my student life. My father was in police department, he used to get transferred to different places frequently. The transfer used to happen so quickly that once we unpack everything, get familiar with the neighbors and make new friends, again transfer. Finally we settled down in Sagar when I joined High school. Till then I have studied in different schools, hence I’m rich in having lot of friends and blessed by number of teachers.

Whatever we learn in school will be the foundation for our lifetime, either professional or personal. That way, I have learnt a lot from my teachers. I must mention one of my teachers in high school – M.S.Rangappa, shortly called as RMS. He was my class teacher and social studies as well. Whatever I learnt from him is still valuable for me and I'm proud to say that I'm upto his expectations. He is the person who made us aware of patriotism. We were so much influenced by his moral classes, I'm not able to cross the line that he had drawn for us. I remember him first on the teachers day.

I do have respect towards all my teachers, but they became my friends when we entered college. Now I should mention Suma Mam for that matter. I used to run to Suma Mam whenever I had problems. She was not only our teacher, but an elder sister, friend, guide and everything.

I never forget to wish them on teachers appreciation day as they have delighted our lives sharing their experiences and knowledge. I believe, whatever I’m now is because of them. They gave me a proper foundation from the beginning so that I can build my life and career as strong as possible. As the saint Shishunala Shariff says – "Guruvina gulamanaguva thanaka, doreyadanna mukuthi" (As long as u don't become a slave of ur teacher, u'll not get enlightened.)

On this occasion, remembering all my teachers, I would like to dedicate these lines for them.

Teachers
Paint their minds
And guide their thoughts
Share their achievements
and advise their faults

For our future brightens
With each lesson you teach
Each smile you lengthen
Each goal you help reach

For the dawn of each poet
Each philosopher and king
Begins with a Teacher
And the wisdom they bring.

No comments: