Monday, September 13, 2010

My blood donation

It was a shock for me when Anil messaged me asking for A+ blood donation as his dad was serious and got admitted in Apollo. God knows how this guy manages to protect 3 families (his own, aunt’s and sister’s) being the only person to earn. His dad was sick since 3 months, with a poor performance of all the parts of his body.

Immediately I called him to check when I can go to donate blood. Pramod and Dileep also agreed to donate blood along with me. I must appreciate my husband Pramod for his open mind though he had issues with Anil sometime back, he came forward to donate blood. The girl in the lab tested my blood and declared that I have a good count of hemoglobin. I was feeling somewhat in the heaven for the fact that my blood is going to save somebody’s life. I feel happier and content this way. This gives me more satisfaction than any treasure in the world. While the lab assistant was extracting my blood, I was thinking someone in the world is going to be my “blood relative” without knowing each other. It’s a feel good factor for me.

I reached home after a while, sent the message to all my friends. But got to know that his dad passed away in that duration when we were in the hospital itself. I felt really bad for Anil, even after so much of effort, he could not save his dad’s life. Uncle’s kidney was failed previous night and that day itself the lungs stopped functioning. Somehow I felt as if I lost somebody in my family itself. It’s painful to see somebody moving away infront of our eyes.

Last time when I spoke to him was during Rashmi’s wedding. He wanted to search for a good guy for me assuming I was not married. On the way back to home after the wedding, I invited Aunty and Uncle to visit my place, but they promised me to make it someother day. The “someother day” never came again. ! Losing husband on the very next day of Gowri festival is horrible to any women, as this is supposed to be the pooja to pray for husband’s long life. I can imagine what Aunty must be going through.

Full day I was feeling low, Pramod took me to watch movie, but my mind was still in Apollo, thinking how we could have saved him. May the soul rest in peace and may god give strength to Anil’s family to bear the loss of uncle’s death.

I have decided to give my blood once in 3 months and to donate all useful parts of my body, so that even after death I can be of help to others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

some would say that there are no unselfish good deeds ... weird isn't it?

Fares